Thursday, August 25, 2011

Got some T.i.t.S.

I love that abbreviation.  Probably going to make my blog following explode though, right?  But alas, as much as a trip to the plastic surgeon isn't totally an awful thought to me - my tri friends will understand that I just manage to get out the door and spend some time with my bike.  Yes, I wish it was a fancy tri or road bike, but alas - again - just my trusty mountain bike that sits in the "better than nothing" category until the money Gods drop a big fat bag of cash in my lap. 

Woke up feeling a little under the weather today.  I'm probably getting a bit of the sinus cold my daugther has (love how starting school brings all the germs back with a vengeance).  A little scratch in the throat, an "off" stomach, kind of a general "blah" feeling.  It was a gorgeous day and I basically hung out at home and worked on a project I'm fairly behind on.  But come this evening I couldn't let another day go by without some kind of workout (yesterday I didn't git'r done).  So I drug my butt out the door telling my husband I'd be back in under an hour (so he could go froggin').  I did my "usual" ride, but added stubs up to the interchange, up by Fabick, up by the quarry entrance.  This made the ride about 9.5 miles (plus a little) - just right.  I'm waiting for the day when I don't hate the big hill as much - man it sucked it out of me!  But I got home and then went for a super short walk to shake out my legs. 

Then it was back the usual "mom" duties - checking homework, running everyone off to the shower, reminding them to brush their teeth, giving cough medicine to the daughter who has been hacking at night so much that I haven't slept worth a crap for a week and now seems to have given it to me, etc. 

Tomorrow night is the home opener for the high school football season with the Central Bank tailgate (free food and t-shirts - we go every year).  Might try to get a walk in sometime during the day, but if not - my daughter and I are doing a 5K for the American Heart Association on Saturday.  I have no record so I will establish a slow baseline to work up from.  We don't really intend to run it - but we might jog bits of it.  Still haven't gotten anyone to tell me the route. 

No comments:

Post a Comment